The start to my journey has been exciting; figuring out what I want, starting to educate myself. But now I’m faced with actually making changes. I’m starting out slow, because as I’ve mentioned before I am taking my current lifestyle into consideration. I know this process is one that requires patience. I am taking what my mom calls “baby steps”.
These are some goals I have to help modify my life in small ways so that I can evolve and graduate to bigger goals.
- Stretching 3-4 times a week in the mornings. Establishing a routine will make me feel more in control of my day.
- Working out 3-4 times a week. Setting up the things I need for a workout the night before makes it easier for me to just get up, eat and go.
- Starting a money ‘journal’ to keep track of my money, where it comes from, where its going, what I’m saving. So that I can become conscious of how I am with my money and how I can improve in certain areas of spending and saving.
- Cutting out all junk food (i.e pop, chips, chocolate bars) and overall making healthier food choices. Making actual grocery lists with planned meals in mind will help with this!
- Drinking more water, instead of juice, alcohol, etc.
- Changing each travel water bottle to a glass bottle, plastic has too many chemicals.
The reason I titled this entry Just Say “No Thanks” is because there are many things that can get in the way of my journey. It is up to me to stop these things from getting in my way. They can be distractions like a person, unfamiliar setting, stress, etc. I have to decide to be conscious and aware of my journey at all times so that I can make choices that will benefit me. Being aware will make saying no to distractions easier. Being conscious will make creating a new stretching and or work out routine easier. But I also have to be aware of the fact that if I really want something, like a piece of dessert, I’m allowed to go for it. It’s really just being conscious about what I truly want for myself and what I’m just used to saying yes to.
Do I truly want to sleep that extra fifteen minutes and forget stretching, yeah sometimes I do. But for the most part I’ve made these choices for myself for a reason, so it’s up to me to keep my good intentions alive.
And so the journey continues, one day at a time! 🙂
Tori J Wilcox
(Note: This entry was posted on May 25th, 2011 at torijwilcoxthejourneytobalance.blogspot.com)